October 14, 2016

It's Friday, Beer Me



My parents are coming in town and I'm a nervous wreck. I have the day off to relax and get the house ready for everyone to visit. But scratch the relax part out of my day. They don't make me nervous, but there is just so much to get done before they all get here it's overwhelming. We have been living in our house for a little over a year and we STILL don't have things hanging on the wall. Besides our bedroom, you can see here how we decorated it.



I get so stressed out about making everything perfect and presentable. My mother it a neat freak and never sits still. She is always cleaning something and straightening up. And although I do clean the house, we have one large dog and two cats that shed... So I'm in a panic. Everything thing needs to be vacuumed, wiped down, folded, refolded, and dusted. It's about time I dusted.

They are only coming in town for the weekend and while they are here we are finishing our fence in the backyard. My dad is a serious handy man and projects like this are what he was born to do. We casually mention anything about home improvement projects and he jumps onboard. It's a blessing. He is my "mister fix it", always going the extra mile for his girls and loving every minute.

Eli James, my sweet sweet nephew and his gorgeous momma I get to call my sister. Eli is a breath of fresh air. I haven't met a lot of 3 year olds in my life, but this  guy wins the price for the cutest and best attitude! Newman is is best friend but he started say that when Newman was only a puppy and weighed less than 20lbs. He is now almost 60 and I can't wait to see the look on Eli's face when he sees how much he's grown.


Weekends like this are rare and feel like the time never comes that we get to see each other. Once it's here, it comes and go faster than I ever want. I wish weekends like would stand still and I could capture every moment with these 4 special people.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...