January 27, 2016

HOW I LEARNED TO LOVE MYSELF

In order to fully love your life and the people in it, you must learn to completely love yourself. 

Taking pictures of myself and posting them isn't easy for me.. Like any girl, I have insecurities and flaws that I don't like sharing, especially on the internet. BUT,  I wanted to step out of my comfort zone, because after all is that where you learn the most.

Having flaws is something that I am proud of. I don't want to be perfect and I don't strive to be either. I want and will always be working on how to be the best version on myself by creating positive life habits and continually trying to be the best version of myself. 


Don't be afraid to look silly. 
Quirkiness is something to be proud of and should be celebrated with awkward dancing. 

 
Don't put down your appearance. I was once told I have awkward hands and it was something that deeply bothered me. I would delete any picture that showed my hands in any way. It's crazy how comments can stick with us and completely change the way we see ourselves, even if they are not true. It's so silly, they are JUST HANDS! 




Don't take life too seriously. I take comments and criticism harshly and I over analyze every situation instead on living in the moment and taking deep breathes when times get tough. Because of this, I have panic attacks and often breakout in stress hives when things get hard.


Laughter is the best medicine. Laughing is my all time favorite thing to do. My laugh has changed so much throughout my 23 years on this earth and I like to think it's because I laugh so much I wear them out and have to get new ones. Sometimes I laugh so hard no noise comes out, sometimes I snort, and sometimes I sound like a dying hyena. Be careful, if you can make me laugh, you might become my new bestie. 





Don't be afraid to feel. The saying, "I wear my heart on my sleeve" is an understatement for me. I have never been good at hiding my emotions whether I'm extremely happy or extremely sad... either one I'm cry and mascara is everywhere. Romantic comedies are my best and worst nightmare. I might as well carry a tissue box whenever I go. 
It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to. 

 



 Being serious is no fun.



At the end of the day, no one can be a better you.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...